Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
Training for Trainers
ASIST Training for Trainers (T4T) is a five-day course that helps participants begin learning how to effectively present the two-day Suicide Prevention ASIST workshop and bring life-saving intervention skills to their own organizations and communities. The course balances challenge and support while providing opportunities to practice and participate. This T4T is an intensive training that requires commitment, so please make sure you read all the following information before applying.
Some ASIST T4T Candidate Prerequisites:
- group facilitation skills
- excellent interpersonal communication skills
- flexible attitude about suicide
- treat everyone with care and respect
- have the ability to perform a suicide intervention where needed
*LivingWorks does not recommend attending the T4T if you have experienced a suicide of a close friend or family member within the last 12 months*
Expectation of Participants:
- Filling out an application
- If accepted, participants will participate in the 5-day training that will comprise of 40+hours (this includes class time and nightly homework); with one day going until 8pm
- After the T4T Provisional Trainers will be required to deliver a minimum of 3 ASIST (2-days) workshops within the first 12 months after the T4T
Once your application has been submitted, it will be evaluated and you will be notified if you've been accepted to participate in the training. Acceptance is not guaranteed so please do not make travel arrangements until you have been notified that you've been accepted.